Friday, April 3, 2009

My James 5:16 Man

He amazes me. His perseverance in prayer slays me. Most middle -of -the-nights, he can be found on the sofa in the family room...praying...interceding...seeking the mind of his God...experiencing "yada" intimacy with Jesus.

He used to love his sleep, but he asked Him to make him more of a pray-er. He answered. Now when he is awakened for any reason, he assumes it's his wakeup call to pray. He says he's heard the Father whisper, "Come talk with me." I believe him.

I wonder what mountains have been moved, what strongholds demolished, what healing has been given, what situations resolved, what victories won as he's bowed the knee countless nights...for his children...and their spouses, for his "former flock" that he led for over 15 years as their Sunday school teacher, for his extended family, for the prodigals he's known, for his church and its leaders.....and gratefully, for his wife....THIS wife....

My Neal...my James 5:16 man.

No comments: