Monday, June 29, 2009

The Anticipation is Finally Over!




I found out yesterday from Blair & James that they have finally decided on a name for Baby boy Weddington. Much thought on their part has gone into the decision.

Drum roll please................................................

My first grandbaby, my grandson, will be named Roman Willis Weddington! I love it! Even more, I love the significance behind the name.

"Willis" is after my grandfather on my Dad's side. I can't wait to research more about him to let Blair & James know what kind of a man he was.

Now for the "Roman" part of the story...

My son-in-law is a man's man, but he is also one of the most tender-hearted men I know. James is the one who came up with the name "Roman". Here's the background for his choice: it was at Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy a number of years ago that James had some very significant time with the Lord, all centered around his growing affection for Blair. Ultimately, I guess you could say it was there in Rome that his love for Blair, who's now carrying their first child, was born....the beginning birth pangs of what would eventually be a marriage made in heaven. How fitting then that James would choose "Roman" for his first child's name, a product of what began in Rome.

Roman Willis Weddington, your Mimi anticipates God to do GREAT things through you, my boy!
(Trevi Fountain photo from freefoto.com)

No comments: